Senior QA Automation Engineer
Dataseat was founded just over two years ago by two industry veterans and Entrepreneurs David Philippson & Dr Paul Hayton with the goal to change and improve the way App marketers run their programmatic media campaigns.
The company provides a Bidder or DSP as a service to App marketers to in-house programmatic media buying for user acquisition and re-engagement. Dataseat also provides analytics to support clients with insight on fraud, attribution accuracy and incrementality to help marketers build the business case to in-house and take control of the media strategy.
Dataseat is backed by industry leading VCs and Angel Investors. The role will sit within the Engineering team and you will be part of the programmatic advertising in-house revolution, developing our DSP service, producing insight for our customers and supporting product and commercial teams.
We operate in a big data environment, receiving in excess of 250,000 qps (queries per second) which we have to score in real time and respond within milliseconds with a decision to bid or not. We use cutting edge machine learning ensuring our clients receive the optimum results for their Ad spend.
The role is very hands-on, and If you are keen to join an early stage startup within the ad-tech industry and be part of a fantastic team then this is the opportunity for you. This role will provide huge opportunities for growth as it is such a pivotal role which will have an immediate impact on the business.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will join our team of Engineers who work remotely in the UK and Ukraine.
- You will be responsible for developing the QA strategy for our platform and to implement strategies to identify and prevent issues in production..
- Provide hands on quality assurance leveraging automation best practices.
- Develop automated scripts, monitor defects and perform testing.
- Produce clear bug reports from testing with descriptions to reproduce the issue.
- Degree Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other numerate subject, or relevant experience. Experience in online mobile advertising is a plus.
- Knowledge of backend Test Automation Frameworks including JUnit.
- 4+ years experience as a QA Engineer with a focus on backend testing.
- Good communicator who can explain and understand complex systems while dealing with both non-technical and technical teams.
- A focus on details and willingness to learn.
- Our office is based in London, UK. However, this role can be done remotely.